[ZendTo] Re: How to handle bounces

Alexander Fisher alex at alexfisher.me.uk
Fri Mar 23 11:56:05 GMT 2012

On 23 March 2012 11:01, Jules <Jules at zend.to> wrote:
> I was pretty close. :-)
> Line 878 in your case, just above it.
>
> Jules.

Hi Jules

The results of some quick testing.  As an internal user trying to
request a dropoff from an invalid external user (non existent domain
in this case), the behaviour was good (the bounce went to the
originating internal user.
However, testing an external user trying to dropoff to a non existent
internal user wasn't so good.  In my case, the external user was using
gmail.  Unfortunately, gmail placed the bounce in my spam folder
giving the following reason.
'Why is this message in Spam? It seems to be a fake "bounce" reply to
a message that you didn't actually send.'

If hotmail, yahoo etc treat the bounces in a similar manner, it limits
the usefulness of the feature, which is a shame as a one liner would
have been great!
Kind Regards,
Alex