[ZendTo] Zendto wishlist

Craig Chambers craig at craigchambers.net
Fri Mar 16 15:13:03 GMT 2012

Hi Jules,

My company has been using Zendto for over a year now but I am still having
some problems getting people to use it vs. YouSendIt.com. I thought I would
forward a wish list of sorts based on the feedback of users and management.
Any progress made on these items would help me mitigate the concerns of the
staff and increase buy-in.

1. BCC/Monitoring email box. While I think it is personally a bit Orwellian,
The management wants to have a way to BCC an email address for all inbound
and outbound drop-offs (Files sent to employees and files sent from
employees). This is a real sticking point for the management and don't want
to use Zendto without it. Think of it as a monitoring mailbox. I have
already explained to management that administrators can see all mailboxes
and that there is a log of all files sent but they wanted something more
real time. Beyond being alerted to employees sending out inappropriate
items, they also said it helps them be more aware of how employees are
interacting with clients and allowed them to know if files were being sent
as promised. I poked around the files looking for the code what sends the
email, thinking I could just add the email address but wasn't able to find
it. If you can point me to where to add it to the code to BCC when ever an
email is sent that would be great. Ideally through, it would be a setting in
the preferences.php file and would only BCC the monitoring email box when a
drop-off has occurred (not the request drop-off emails or the emails
confirming the address is real).
2. Address book. We send files to the same people A LOT. I know that this
has been brought up before but I thought I would add my vote and how I
envision it working. When a logged in user enters an email address there
would be a "Save address" check box next to it. If that box is checked it
would add that email address to a list that could be accessed from a drop
down menu (i.e. "in the Enter Recipients box there would be a drop down menu
that would allow them to choose a saved email address from the address
book). For us it would work best if the address book was universal (any
saved address is available for anyone) but I know that might not be
practical for situations like universities, A per user address book would
also work, or maybe it could be set to per user or universal in the
preference.php file. Regardless this would be a huge help.
3. Add to library. While I really like the implementation of the library
function it is really that useful for our current employees. What would be
ideal for us is an "Add to library" check box next to files that we are
sending. When a use checks the box the file is uploaded to there dropbox
folder but a copy is also added to the library folder. Again, for us adding
it to the general Library folder would be the best option but adding it to
the personal library would also work.
4. Windows client. I know this was proposed so I am just bumping it so to
speak. Not sure where this was left off as far as demand/potential.
Let me know if you have any questions. If anyone else feels these options
would be useful please let the group know.