[ZendTo] Antwort: Re: Antwort: Re: data leakage prevention

patrick.gaikowski at kaufland.com patrick.gaikowski at kaufland.com
Fri Mar 2 10:06:34 GMT 2012

Hi Jules,

this came from Joerg Streibhardt and not from me...

"we do not need/want anonymous users to upload files without prior contact.
If a file is required, our contact will send out a request to the user."
So you don't want people who haven't logged in to be able to send files
unless they've been sent a "request for files".

The problem is that Joerg Streibhardt interrupts our conversation and my
explanation.

But what then do you mean by your text (which I have quoted above)?
Anonymous users == Users who haven't logged in.

Yes, i mean a user not logged in.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

Patrick Gaikowski
Tel:     +49 7132 94 3568
Fax:    +49 7132 94 73568
E-Mail: patrick.gaikowski at kaufland.com
KI 967850: IT International / IT Governance / Netzwerk Design und
IT-Sicherheit
Office:
Lindichstrasse 11
D-74189 Weinsberg

http://www.kaufland.de
http://www.spannende-it.de
Wir sind die Nr. 1:
Kaufland ist "Bester Lebensmittelmarkt 2011"!

Kaufland Informationssysteme GmbH & Co. KG
Postfach 12 53 - 74149 Neckarsulm
Kommanditgesellschaft
Sitz: Neckarsulm
Registergericht: Stuttgart HRA 104163

   Jules <Jules at zend.to>
   Gesendet von:
   zendto-bounces at zend.to
                                       ZendTo Users <zendto at zend.to>

   02.03.2012 10:39
                                                                     Thema
                                       [ZendTo] Re: Antwort:  Re: data
             Bitte antworten           leakage prevention
             an
             ZendTo Users
             <zendto at zend.to>

      But if i'm commenting out the lines, it wouldn't be possible from
      outside to make a Drop-Off without authorization, right?
      This would not be our aim.

To quote from your earlier mail:
"we do not need/want anonymous users to upload files without prior contact.
If a file is required, our contact will send out a request to the user."
So you don't want people who haven't logged in to be able to send files
unless they've been sent a "request for files".

      Your Item 2 would be the better solution, because i can limit it to
      our company subnets. From outside it should be definitly possible to
      make an "unauthorized" Drop-Off, because this is the main aim of that
      solution :-)

But what then do you mean by your text (which I have quoted above)?
Anonymous users == Users who haven't logged in.

I'm totally lost, you seem to be contradicting yourself completely.

      E-Mail: patrick.gaikowski at kaufland.com
      KI 967850: IT International / IT Governance / Netzwerk Design und
      IT-Sicherheit
      Office:
      Lindichstrasse 11
      D-74189 Weinsberg

      http://www.kaufland.de
      http://www.spannende-it.de
      Wir sind die Nr. 1:
      Kaufland ist "Bester Lebensmittelmarkt 2011"!

      Kaufland Informationssysteme GmbH & Co. KG
      Postfach 12 53 - 74149 Neckarsulm
      Kommanditgesellschaft
      Sitz: Neckarsulm
      Registergericht: Stuttgart HRA 104163

            Inactive
          hide details for Jules ---02.03.2012
            10:18:03---Jules
          <Jules at zend.to>Jules ---02.03.2012

       zendto-bounces at zend.to

       02.03.2012 10:13                                 ZendTo Users
                                                        <zendto at zend.to>

       Bitte antworten an
       ZendTo Users
       <zendto at zend.to>                                              Thema

                                                        [ZendTo] Re: data
                                                        leakage prevention

      Sorry for the change in Subject line, I think you posted from the
      wrong
      address by accident.

      So you want 2 things:
      1) Locally connecting users must log in
      2) No drop-offs for users who aren't logged in.

      Item 2 (which is what I think you describe below) you can implement
      right now yourself by editing /opt/zendto/templates/main_menu.tpl.

      What you need to do is remove the "Dropoff" button from the section
      of
      page that is displayed when a user has is not authorised. In my
      latest
      version of that file, it's lines 58-61. Just comment out those lines
      and
      users who have not logged in won't be able to access the "Drop-off"
      button in the menu. Once you're sure you've got it right, delete
      those
      lines instead of commenting them out.

      Given that you can do item 2 yourself, do you still need item 1?

      Jules.

      On 02/03/2012 08:48, zendto-owner at zend.to wrote:

      > Hi Jules,
      >
      > we do not need/want anonymous users to upload files without prior
      > contact. If a file is required, our contact will send out a request
      > the user. We try to maintain a single contact address for most
      > requests to cope with absent contacts.
      >
      > Cheers
      > Jörg

      'It's okay to live without all the answers' - Charlie Eppes, 2011
      'That is the land of lost content,
       I see it shining plain,
       The happy highways where I went,
       And cannot come again.' - A.E. Houseman