[ZendTo] Re: password protection

Jules Jules at Zend.To
Mon Jul 2 16:49:07 BST 2012

On 26/06/2012 17:06, Papp Tamas wrote:
> On 06/26/2012 10:29 AM, Mike Brudenell wrote:
>> Hi, Tamas -
>
> hi,
>
>> On 25 June 2012 17:24, Kevin Miller <Kevin_Miller at ci.juneau.ak.us
>> <mailto:Kevin_Miller at ci.juneau.ak.us>> wrote:
>>
>>     1:  You could zip and password protect the file before uploading
>>     it to Zendto.  Not automatic, but a simple workaround.  Might be
>>     a nice feature to see added though.
>>

>> Hmmm... If I were uploading data I considered sensitive enough to
>> warrant password-protecting I personally would prefer to encrypt it
>> before it left my computer, and not trust whoever had set up the
>> ZendTo software to effect the transfer. (Isn't that better practice?)
>
> Users trust in sysadmins, they have to.
> Anyway zip password is also a good idea, but it's not enough safe, not
> enough.
> I prefer server side protection.
>
> Does this mean, zendto won't support password protected download links
> in the future?
You can edit the email message template so that it doesn't send the
Claim ID and Passcode both in the same email. Then just note down the
Passcode from the results of doing the drop-off, and send that value by
some other method, such as a phone call. Then they can do a manual
pick-up from the menu, rather than clicking on a link in an email.

The templates you need to edit are in the files in
/opt/zendto/templates. The filenames are hopefully fairly
self-explanatory, and you don't need to know any programming to edit the
email templates at all.

'It's okay to live without all the answers' - Charlie Eppes, 2011
'That is the land of lost content,
  I see it shining plain,
  The happy highways where I went,
  And cannot come again.' - A.E. Houseman