[ZendTo] Re: How to identify "WHO" actually picked up a drop off

Jules Jules at zend.to
Tue Jan 24 21:37:35 GMT 2012

Unfortunately not really doable, as you have no clue who was logged in
to the machine where the link was clicked. There might not even be
anyone logged in at all if it's an iPad or similar.

Anyone can click on a link that you sent in an email. It might well not
even be the person you sent the email to.

And they can pick up the file by entering the claim ID and passcode
directly into your ZendTo website, by just going there by hand and
clicking on the "Pick-up" button in the main menu. No requirement there
to log in at all.

Sorry, but the information doesn't exist.

Jules.

On 24/01/2012 20:22, Marlon R Deerr wrote:

> I'm getting closer and closer to releasing this for my staff.  I'm
> curious about the notification email that is sent to you when someone
> picks up your drop off.  I like this feature but it seems to only
> identify he computer name and IP of the system that picked up the
> file.  Would be nice if there was an option to identify the user as
> well, even if it only showed the email address of the user who picked
> it up. I like this feature the way it is now but identifying the user
> as well makes it even a more valued service.
>
> This is probably more of a 'Jules' question:  Is this doable?

'Teach a man to reason, and he will think for a lifetime.' - Phil Plait