[ZendTo] Re: Large Files and Rebuilding libphp5.so

Brian Ott Brian.Ott at oicr.on.ca
Tue Jan 3 19:43:26 GMT 2012

On Tue, Jan 03, 2012 at 04:36:03PM +0000, Jules wrote:

> On 03/01/2012 15:17, Brian Ott wrote:
> > On Tue, Jan 03, 2012 at 03:07:22PM +0000, Jules wrote:
> >> Are you sure your MySQL server is actually running? Not a clue how to
> >> start it in Debian, but you should check that the mysqld is actually
> >> running.
> > MySQL is running in debian you use '/etc/init.d/mysql start'
> >
> > root      1322     1  0  2011 ?        00:00:00 /bin/sh
> > /usr/bin/mysqld_safe
> > mysql     1554  1322  0  2011 ?        00:03:17 /usr/sbin/mysqld
> > --basedir=/usr --datadir=/var/lib/mysql --user=mysql
> > --pid-file=/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.pid
> > --socket=/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock --port=3306
> > root      1555  1322  0  2011 ?        00:00:00 logger -t mysqld -p
> > daemon.error
> >
> > ps shows its running, but I would have thought that isn't the issue
> > since it still states at the end 'build successful' I'm not sure why
> > exactly it needs MySQL daemon running while building libphp5 (due to
> > my ignorance).
> Because it likes to test things, and the lack of mysqld is what is
> causing the build to fail:
>
> Timed out waiting for mysql server to be available
>
> appears in the error log you included.
>
> Whether that will actually help, I don't know, but it might get rid of
> that reason for it failing, so you can see later tests run.
>
> Jules.

Thanks for the reply Jules, I went back and made sure I had things
setup right. I followed the instructions again and I was able to build
all the new .deb packages with the command ' dpkg-buildpackage
-rfakeroot -uc -b -j2'

Everything seemed OK nothing alarming was set off, once it completed
building I followed the exact instructions:

cd debian/libapache2-mod-php5/usr/lib/apache2/modules
mv /usr/lib/apache2/modules/libphp5.so
/usr/lib/apache2/modules/libphp5.so-UBUNTU
cp libphp5.so /usr/lib/apache2/modules/

(this is the same in Debian)

-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 8.0M Jan  3 14:08 libphp5.so

The file is there and it looks good but I'm still experiencing the
same symptoms. I cannot login or hit the verify page while trying to
do a dropoff. Is there any debugging I could do or turn on? I'm
curious as to why this new one does this but the old one is fine. I'm
doing this on php version 5.3.3.

> >> Jules.

> >> Jules
> >>
> >> --
> >> Julian Field MEng CITP CEng
> >> www.Zend.To
> >>
> >> Follow me at twitter.com/JulesFM
> >> PGP footprint: EE81 D763 3DB0 0BFD E1DC 7222 11F6 5947 1415 B654
> >>
> >> 'It's okay to live without all the answers' - Charlie Eppes, 2011
> >> 'All programs have a desire to be useful' - Tron, 1982
> >> 'That is the land of lost content,
> >>    I see it shining plain,
> >>    The happy highways where I went,
> >>    And cannot come again.' - A.E. Houseman

> Julian Field MEng CITP CEng
> www.Zend.To
>
> Follow me at twitter.com/JulesFM
>
> 'It's okay to live without all the answers' - Charlie Eppes, 2011
> 'All programs have a desire to be useful' - Tron, 1982
> 'That is the land of lost content,
>   I see it shining plain,
>   The happy highways where I went,
>   And cannot come again.' - A.E. Houseman

Brian Ott
Unix System Administrator

Ontario Institute for Cancer Research
MaRS Centre, South Tower
101 College Street, Suite 800
Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5G 0A3

Telephone:	647-260-7977
Email:		brian.ott at oicr.on.ca
www.oicr.on.ca

This message and any attachments may contain confidential and/or privileged information for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review or distribution by anyone other than the person for whom it was originally intended is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please contact the sender and delete all copies. Opinions, conclusions or other information contained in this message may not be that of the organization.