[ZendTo] Re: Large Files and Rebuilding libphp5.so

Jules Jules at Zend.To
Tue Jan 3 16:36:03 GMT 2012

On 03/01/2012 15:17, Brian Ott wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 03, 2012 at 03:07:22PM +0000, Jules wrote:
>> Are you sure your MySQL server is actually running? Not a clue how to
>> start it in Debian, but you should check that the mysqld is actually
>> running.
> MySQL is running in debian you use '/etc/init.d/mysql start'
>
> root      1322     1  0  2011 ?        00:00:00 /bin/sh
> /usr/bin/mysqld_safe
> mysql     1554  1322  0  2011 ?        00:03:17 /usr/sbin/mysqld
> --basedir=/usr --datadir=/var/lib/mysql --user=mysql
> --pid-file=/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.pid
> --socket=/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock --port=3306
> root      1555  1322  0  2011 ?        00:00:00 logger -t mysqld -p
> daemon.error
>
> ps shows its running, but I would have thought that isn't the issue
> since it still states at the end 'build successful' I'm not sure why
> exactly it needs MySQL daemon running while building libphp5 (due to
> my ignorance).
Because it likes to test things, and the lack of mysqld is what is
causing the build to fail:

Timed out waiting for mysql server to be available

appears in the error log you included.

Whether that will actually help, I don't know, but it might get rid of
that reason for it failing, so you can see later tests run.

Jules.