[ZendTo] Re: New Install on Ubuntu 10.04 LTS

Brian Ott Brian.Ott at oicr.on.ca
Thu Feb 2 16:44:48 GMT 2012

Did you enable SSL 'a2enmod ssl' ? I only ask because you didn't
mention it.

On Thu, Feb 02, 2012 at 04:35:42PM +0000, Clements, Timothy wrote:
>    Hello,
>

>    I have the impression that not many build their ZendTo servers on Ubuntu,
>    but if someone has done this before, perhaps you can help me.
>

>    I have the basic system up and running internally with http: access, using
>    the 'default' sites-available config file.  When I attempt to add the four
>    lines of code needed to re-direct http: requests to https:, or if I try
>    https: initially, I get an 'unable to connect' message with a note that
>    there was a problem loading the page in Firefox.  Chrome switches to
>    https:, but still can't find the initial page.  Looking at the access.log,
>    it appears that the default page is not being passed through the way I see
>    this happen when I am running without the https redirect code.
>

>    I've also modified the 'default-ssl' file in the sites-enabled directory
>    to point to the correct directory for the zendto .php files. I also edited
>    the .key and .crt lines in that file (although the example pointed to a
>    .pem file rather than a .crt file, and I don't have a .pem file from
>    GoDaddy).
>

>    Using a phpinfo() page I created, it looks like the necessary modules are
>    loaded and that the HTTP_HOST and REQUEST_URI variables are available.
>

>    Can anyone suggest something I am missing?
>

>    Thanks.

Brian Ott
Unix System Administrator

Ontario Institute for Cancer Research
MaRS Centre, South Tower
101 College Street, Suite 800
Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5G 0A3

Telephone:	647-260-7977
Email:		brian.ott at oicr.on.ca
www.oicr.on.ca

This message and any attachments may contain confidential and/or privileged information for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review or distribution by anyone other than the person for whom it was originally intended is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please contact the sender and delete all copies. Opinions, conclusions or other information contained in this message may not be that of the organization.