[ZendTo] Re: new to zendto --- couple of questions

Julian Field Jules at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Mon Dec 10 09:28:40 GMT 2012

On 07/12/2012 16:35, Rob Lewis wrote:
> Hello Everyone,
> Just wanted to say to the developers of this product.  Thanks for
> this.  Pretty easy to setup, and my users are already testing.
Thanks! Glad you like it. :-)
> Couple of items.
> First, gmail, and yahoo kept flagging emails as junk.  Fairly certain
> this was from sendmail inserting received from apache at localhost
> <mailto:apache at localhost>. I tried several things, and finally gave
> up, and replaced sendmail with postfix.
You can do this with a setting in php.ini to say something similar to
sendmail_path = "/usr/sbin/sendmail -t -i -fdo-not-reply at york.ac.uk"

That simply overrides the default "sendmail" command used by the PHP
mail() function.

> Secondly, is there info on what would be required to replace the
> Recaptcha module with an alternative.  I much prefer the Playthru test
> from http://areyouahuman.

The code to call the recaptcha module is all in
/opt/zendto/www/{download.php,pickup.php,req.php,verify.php} and it's
fairly obvious code when you take a look at it. It basically just does this:

       $reCaptchaPrivateKey = $theDropbox->recaptchaPrivateKey();
       if ($reCaptchaPrivateKey != 'disabled') {
         $resp = recaptcha_check_answer ($reCaptchaPrivateKey,
                                         $_SERVER["REMOTE_ADDR"],
$_POST["recaptcha_challenge_field"],
$_POST["recaptcha_response_field"]);
       }

       if (($reCaptchaPrivateKey == 'disabled' || $resp->is_valid) .......

So you just need to replace that with the code to call any CAPTCHA of
your choice. Put the PHP code for your choice of captcha module into
recaptchalib.php.

Hopefully that's enough to get you going switching it to use something else.

Jules Field MEng MBCS CITP CEng
email+iMessage: Jules at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Twitter: @JulesFM

Senior Tutor, Postmaster
Electronics and Computer Science
University of Southampton SO17 1BJ, UK

'It's in Apple's DNA that technology alone is not enough. It's
  technology married with liberal arts, married with the humanities,
  that yields us the result that makes our hearts sing.' - Steve Jobs