[ZendTo] new to zendto --- couple of questions

Rob Lewis rlewis at forsythshirt.com
Fri Dec 7 16:35:57 GMT 2012

Hello Everyone,

Just wanted to say to the developers of this product.  Thanks for this.  Pretty easy to setup, and my users are already testing.

Couple of items.

First, gmail, and yahoo kept flagging emails as junk.  Fairly certain this was from sendmail inserting received from apache at localhost.  I tried several things, and finally gave up, and replaced sendmail with postfix.

On my Centos 6 VM, did the following:

service sendmail stop
yum install postfix
chkconfig sendmail off
chkconfig postfix on

edit /etc/postfix/main.cf:
myhostname=your.domain.tld
inet_interfaces = $myhostname
#send all mail to your smarthost, or internal mail server. Disregard, if you don't restrict outgoing SMTP (not recommended)
relayhost = smarthost.domain.tld

next update mta for centos : run
'alternative --config mta' and choose postfix
service postfix start

Reboot, make sure mail is working, and not getting apache at localhost.  Email is received by gmail and yahoo now, without issue.
Is there anything else required or missing?  It's working as expected, but just wanted to make sure.

Secondly, is there info on what would be required to replace the Recaptcha module with an alternative.  I much prefer the Playthru test from http://areyouahuman.

Rob