[ZendTo] Rotating the zendto.log?

Mike Brudenell mike.brudenell at york.ac.uk
Thu Aug 16 18:31:08 BST 2012

Greetings -

We've had ZendTo up and running for quite a time now and our users are very
pleased with it.

However I've just noticed that the logfile in /var/zendto/zendto.log
doesn't seem to be being rotated: currently it still contains entries going
as far back as April when we set the service up.

We installed ZendTo on Ubuntu from the package and configured its
preferences and config file. Does the lack of logfile rotation mean we've
overlooked doing something? Or is it that the package doesn't include of
itself anything to rotate the log and it's something we have to add locally
ourselves separately?

(I've checked the /etc/cron.d/zendto crontab and
the /opt/zendto/sbin/cleanup.php script it runs, but neither seem to touch
the logfile.)

Cheers,
Mike B-)

--
IT Services, The University of York, Heslington, York YO10 5DD, UK
Tel: +44-1904-323811