[ZendTo] Re: Strip domain from login

Jules Jules at Zend.To
Sat Sep 17 14:33:22 BST 2011

The only snag with that implementation is that if they are logging in
from a LocalIP (i.e. somewhere on your site), that won't fix it when
they login with the little "dropdown" login box, only if they actually
go to the full login form.

I've added a couple of lines to NSSADAuthenticator.php to say this:
     $uname = preg_replace('/@.*$/', '', $uname);
     $uname = preg_replace('/^.*\\\/', '', $uname);
where previously it just said
     $uname = preg_replace('/@.*$/', '', $uname);
(that occurs twice in NSSADAuthenticator.php).

On 17/09/2011 11:19, --[ UxBoD ]-- wrote:
> Jules, please ignore this request as all that is required is JS magic
> in login.tpl:
>
> <script type="text/javascript">
>           bindEnter($('#passwordField'), function(){ submitform() });
>           function submitform() {
>              var uname = document.forms["login"].uname.value;
>              document.forms["login"].uname.value =
> uname.substring(uname.indexOf("\\")+1);
>              document.login.submit(); }
> </script>
> --
> Thanks, Phil

>     Jules, a number of our test users have commented that it would be
>     great if they were able to specify the same sign on credentials as
>     they do for other systems. What is the difference you may ask?
>     Well all other systems require DOMAIN\USERID and they are looking
>     for consistency. They believe when rolled out there will be a lot
>     of login failures as people will try to use the later format. How
>     feasible would it be to add a parse routine to the code to strip
>     the slash and domain from the login credentials ?
>     --
>     Thanks, Phil

'Teach a man to reason, and he will think for a lifetime.' - Phil Plait