[ZendTo] Re: Questions about a Centos 5.6/7 installation

Steve Campbell campbell at cnpapers.com
Fri Nov 11 16:02:12 GMT 2011

KVM?

On 11/11/2011 10:28 AM, John Cooper wrote:
> On 11/11/11 14:46, Steve Campbell wrote:
>> I've just finished getting a working Centos installation of ZendTo on a
>> Centos Xen VM for testing purposes. I've got a few questions that I
>> couldn't find the answers for in the archives.
>>
> Answering my own question to you - Red Hat dropped Xen in RHEL6 and
> moved to LVM so yes you will have to use Centos 5 :-)

I was hoping to get a little details about using the vm without VMWare.
I've googled a little but what I found was not clear. It seems there are
some vmhd (?) to xen converters, but the online ZendTo documentation
indicates I have to have one of the VMWare servers running to install
the vm image.

I'm new to using xen or kvm. I only use Virtual Manager at present, so
the command line stuff is still pretty foreign to me.

Thanks again,

steve