[ZendTo] Re: Zendto Update schedule & feature request

Jules Jules at Zend.To
Wed May 18 22:03:57 BST 2011

On 18/05/2011 18:03, Brad Beckenhauer wrote:
> Julian,
> Do you have a timeline for releasing v4.02?
No, not yet. There are one or two things I want to get fixed before I
release 4.02. I try not to do releases when I know there are outstanding
issues I haven't fixed yet.
> Also,
> One item I've had to modify during each zendto update is the wording
> of the red message box that appears during a Drop-Off (new_dropoff.tpl
> ) which I pasted below.
> from: new_dropoff.tpl
> <snip>
> *PLEASE NOTE*
>
> Files uploaded to ZendTo-dev are scanned for viruses. But still
> exercise the same degree of caution as you would with any other file
> you download. Users are also *strongly encouraged* to encrypt any
> files containing sensitive information (e.g. personal private
> information) using a tool such as "Winzip" or "Encrypt Files", before
> sending them via ZendTo-dev!
> </snip>
What's wrong with that? The "ZendTo-dev" names are taken from the
definition of "ServiceTitle" in /opt/zendto/config/zendto.conf as I
intended.
> Would you please give some thought as to if the code and the text of
> the message could be separated into different files?
I've already done that. If you want to change the user interface at all,
the idea is this:

1. Minor tweaks, such as your organisation name and service name, are
done in /opt/zendto/config/zendto.conf.
2. Major tweaks, such as a completely different user interface for your
organisation, are done in the template files in /opt/zendto/templates.
Neither will be overwritten by future upgrades of the code, which lives
in /opt/zendto/www and /opt/zendto/lib.

Other than a bit of Javascript that is necessary for the current
implementation of the user interface, no code is included in
/opt/zendto/templates. And there is no user interface code at all in
/opt/zendto/www or /opt/zendto/lib. You can change the user interface
completely, without having to touch the "business logic" at all.

'Teach a man to reason, and he will think for a lifetime.' - Phil Plait                                       'All programs have a desire to be useful' - Tron, 1982