[ZendTo] Re: IMAP authentication issue

Chris Barber chris at techquility.net
Tue May 10 18:37:34 BST 2011

Wow, okay so I found out something. I just tried Firefox on another computer and everything works fine there. The strange thing is, I've setup a few Zendto servers now and have never run into this issue. My other sites work fine with IE and Chrome as well as Firefox. Why would this server only work with Firefox? I followed the steps for TimeZone if that matters.

Thanks!
Chris

Thanks Jules, I think I got further now. I am now able to log in and see the main menu. However, when I click anything else, like Inbox, Outbox, Request a drop off, etc. I get an error saying: "This feature is only available to users who have logged in".

I've tried a few different browsers and they all act the same way. Any idea what I've missed here?

Thanks,
Chris

>Chris,

>The only options to imap_open are all documented here:
>     http://php.net/manual/en/function.imap-open.php
>It does give you quite a bit of flexibility, but I'm afraid I don't know anything about problems with Zimbra in particular.

>However, a quick bit of Googling produced these:
>http://www.zimbra.com/forums/administrators/16950-solved-imap_open-access-mailbox-php.html
>http://z-push.sourceforge.net/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=240

>So the answer appears to lie in using at least "/novalidate-cert", and possibly by actually doing a POP authentication rather than an IMAP one, which the options let you do >(see the 1st link above).

>Cheers,
>Jules.

This message was scanned by Spam Ninjas and is believed to be clean.
Click below to report this message as spam.
http://ninja1.spamninjas.com/cgi-bin/learn-msg.cgi?id=2DDC028535.A4244