[ZendTo] Re: New user interface! -- 1st beta

Jules Jules at Zend.To
Thu Mar 31 09:29:54 BST 2011

No, it's not a bug.

If you are coming from an IP address on your PC that matches the
localIPSubnets setting in preferences.php, it suggests you login, as you
probably can. It does this by displaying the long thin username+password
box when you are looking at index.php and have not logged in.

This is all just to encourage you to login, as some users get confused
that the main menu says that they can still send files to people, but
they have to go through the email+human verification procedures to do
it, which is awkward. So it strongly encourages you to login first.

Users would not normally see the 2 login methods on screen at the same
time, as they will have logged in from the main menu (the home page of
the site) using the long thin login box you see.

Hope that explains it. We've been racking our brains to find a way of
suggesting to local users that they login first, before doing anything
else. This is the best we could find.

Jules.