[ZendTo] Has anyone made a Hyper-V version of the Zendto Ubuntu install?

Craig Chambers Craig.Chambers at henryVevents.com
Sat Mar 5 01:01:28 GMT 2011

Hello Jules et al.

I am trying to set up a Zendto server running on Ubuntu 10.10 in Hyper-V.
I have tried running the VMWare image on a workstation but receive an
error message that I don't have write permission to the partitions. I was
hoping to eventually use the VMDK to VHD converter from vmtoolkit.com to
convert the image to Hyper-V but when I run the converter it says the vmdk
file is not a valid image.

Since I don't have a VMWare server this leaves me building it from scratch
or using the .deb package file. I have looked over the process from the
February newsgroup posting "Installing on Ubuntu Server" for guidance but
before I went down that path I thought I would see if anyone had converted
to/created a Hyper-V version of the Zento server.

Assuming no one has created a Hyper-V image, I was wondering about the
Zendto package listed in the Ubuntu Synaptic package manager. Does
installing that package eliminate any of the steps listed in the February
posting or is it simply the equivalent of downloading the .tgz file from
the http://zend.to site?

Thanks for your help,

- Craig

---
Craig Chambers | IT Manager
Direct: 503.546.6425 | Cell: 503.784.2618
Main: 503.232.6666 | Fax: 503.239.8556

henry V
make  things  happen

henryVevents.com