[ZendTo] Antwort: {Disarmed} Re: Penetration Test show big security issue

patrick.gaikowski at kaufland.com patrick.gaikowski at kaufland.com
Thu Jun 16 14:00:28 BST 2011

Hi Jules,

it seems to work....

Wow we avoided a red point from penetration testing...

I'll get a report and we can try to fix some other issues. They found one
more possible XSS, but i will get information.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

Patrick Gaikowski
Tel:     +49 7132 94 3568
Fax:    +49 7132 94 73568
E-Mail: patrick.gaikowski at kaufland.com
KI 967800 IT International / Infrastruktur
Office:
Lindichstrasse 11
D-74189 Weinsberg

http://www.kaufland.de
http://www.spannende-it.de
Wir sind die Nr. 1:
Kaufland ist "Bester Lebensmittelmarkt 2011"!

Kaufland Informationssysteme GmbH & Co. KG
Postfach 12 53 - 74149 Neckarsulm
Kommanditgesellschaft
Sitz: Neckarsulm
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Stuttgart HRA 104163

   Jules <Jules at zend.to>
   Gesendet von:
   zendto-bounces at zend.to
                                       ZendTo Users <zendto at zend.to>

   16.06.2011 12:52
                                                                     Thema
                                       [ZendTo] {Disarmed} Re: Penetration
   Bitte antworten an                  Test show big security issue
   ZendTo Users
   <zendto at zend.to>

This is easy to fix with a little patch
to /opt/zendto/templates/show_dropoff.tpl which are files you can happily
edit, and your changes will survive upgrades.

I've attached the patch file. gunzip it and then
    cd /opt/zendto/templates
    patch < /tmp/show_dropoff.tpl.patch
and you should find the HTML changes to not include the ClaimID and
Passcode unless it is actually needed. I have also removed a whole chunk of
commented-out HTML from the page.

This change will also be in the next release unless anyone says it doesn't
work! :)

Jules.