[ZendTo] Re: A few issues...

Brad Beckenhauer bbecken at aafp.org
Wed Jun 15 17:23:15 BST 2011

I downloaded the current Zendto 4.02-1 64bit Centos vm, did a yum update zendto and compared the installed packages.

Somehow I had missed the php52-pear, php52-pecl-apc and php52-pecl-memcache packages during the upgrade from Zendto version 3.63.   I installed those three packages and the Upload progress bar now works with the useRealProgressBar set to 'TRUE'. - (yea fixed one).

During the upgrade, I followed the docs from the zend.to website for the upgrade to 4.02, however I could not get the package names to match up during the php rpmbuild section on CentOS and found a google post referencing the problem I was having (perhaps we could add the relevant bits to the website).

Note: the rpmbuild %{dist} tag isn't defined on CentOS 5 because it isn't in /etc/rpm/macros.disttag
So when "rpmbuild -ba php52.spec" generates the binary files the resulting binary files have a double dot in the file names.
Reference: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5135502/rpmbuild-dist-not-defined-on-centos-5-5

Options are:
Option 1: Do nothing an let rpmbuild create the binary with the double periods just like the text:
     rpmbuild -ba php52.spec

Option 2: Specify the 'dist' during the rpmbuild.
     rpmbuild -ba --define 'dist el5' php52.spec

Question: After building the PHP packages, could the installed PHP packages be left on the vm?

I also noted that the Centos 4.02-1 vm has a bunch of -devel- packages installed which where probably used during a PHP upgrade.  I noticed the -devel- as I had read /opt/zendto/docs/building-vm/HOWTO-CentOS.txt where you removed the -devel- packages as part of the CentOS build (BTW...  I loved that you left the txt files).

Julian,  thank you for your considerable efforts on this product!

Brad

>>> On 6/15/2011 at 4:02 AM, Jules <Jules at zend.to> wrote:

Have you installed php-pecl-apc? You need to install the apc package, as it's not usually included in systems by default.