[ZendTo] ZendTo Installation on OS X

Jason Pelletier jpellet2 at bowdoin.edu
Fri Aug 12 04:28:02 BST 2011

I am trying to get ZendTo to work successfully on OS X. I have it running so that I can actually log in but then I have some issues. Let me try to explain the settings and then the problem.

I am running this on OS X 10.7 Lion Server. I have downloaded and installed MySQL (as 10.7 no longer comes with MySQL). The database is configured and working.
The web directory is actually at /Library/Server/Web/Data/Sites/Default/.
I placed the entire zendto directory downloaded from the site to /Library/Server/Web/Data/Sites/Default/zend/.
I have configured ZendTo and have a user account (which I think I made an admin, but more on that in a minute.)

The problems:

  1.  When I click on the Login button from index.php I can authenticate and am brought to the next page to upload, etc.
  2.  If I click on the Login "word" near the top of the index.php page and enter the username and password and click "login" I am brought to http://localhost/ instead of localhost/zendto/www or whatever it should be.
  3.  Once I am logged in and try to go to Inbox or Outbox I get a message saying that I need to be logged in. The logs verify that I have authenticated successfully.
  4.  If I try clicking on any of the admin features I am told that I must be an admin, even though I have added the username being used into the administer array in the config file.

I think if I can work around these issues things will be great!

Any measure of help or any ideas would be great.

Thanks!

Jason