[ZendTo] Re: Centos Yum install

Jules Jules at Zend.To
Fri Apr 15 14:36:39 BST 2011

Ian,

On 14/04/2011 11:08, Elston, Ian wrote:
> Cheers, that fixed it. I did go through the instructions and thought I'd
> yum'd a lot of the other packages.  It would be ace if you only had to
> do 'yum install zendto' after adding the other repository(s) and all the
> dependencies were there. Almost easier than the VM... (which I couldn't
> get to import, but again that might be me/my vCenter). Wouldn't it make
> updates a lot easier?
Unfortunately you can't just "yum install zendto" as ZendTo requires PHP
5.2 which is not a standard part of RedHat 5 or CentOS 5. In upgrading
PHP, depending on quite how you do it, you get either a bunch of
packages whose name starts with "php-" or else "php52-". And so I would
have to have a totally separate repo depending on how you upgraded PHP
to 5.2. :-(

Once CentOS get version 6 out, this problem will disappear.
Unfortunately they don't seem to be putting much effort into that right
now, instead concentrating on CentOS 5.6, which is a shame in my view.

> If I go to about.php now the page loads (albeit with reference to ECS,
> which I can fix)
Edit zendto.conf and you'll get rid of these. All the ones that
reference ECS or Southampton are towards the top of that file.Warning:
mysqli_autocommit() [function.mysqli-autocommit]: Couldn't
> fetch mysqli in /opt/zendto/lib/MySQL.php on line 54
These errors are usually as a result of failing to follow the
CentOS/RedHat installation guide here:
     http://zend.to/centos.php