[ZendTo] Re: Centos Yum install

Julian Field Jules at Zend.To
Thu Apr 14 09:46:59 BST 2011

On 13 Apr 2011, at 09:10 AM, "Elston, Ian" <I.Elston at bolton.ac.uk> wrote:

> Hi
>
> (background: I'm not the most Linux-proficient user but I'm having a
> go..., please forgive obvious nistakes I make...)
>
> I've built a Centos 5.6 x64 VM, added the repository at
> http://zend.to/files/zendto-repo.rpm.
>
> I also added the rpmforge-release repository so that 'yum install
> zendto' didn't fail on clamav.
>
> 2 things:
>
> 1) freshclam or mysql aren't dependencies on the yum install zendto -
> I'll try and find a freshclam rpm.

It should be part of the clamav rpm. You will need to install the clamd rpm as well.

> 2) I did 'yum install mysql' to install it. But when I try to follow the
> instructions on http://zend.to/centos.php to create the database, I type
> 'mysql' to try n get to the prompt I get:
>
> " [root at mumford ~]# mysql
> ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket
> '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)"
>
> I've obviously missed something but I don't really know where to start
> with mysql...

I've seen your other email and you have found the answer to this one already.

> If this is too noddy/'linux for beginners for the list', apologies.

There are no "too noddy" questions as far as I am concerned.
:-)

If I think it has an obvious answer then I need to improve my documentation so you can find the answer on your own.