[ZendTo] Re: Centos Yum install

Elston, Ian I.Elston at bolton.ac.uk
Thu Apr 14 17:04:32 BST 2011

Sorry, I am an idiot. More proper-reading of the documentation meant I'd
missed updating PHP to 52.

I was getting more errors in error_log which pointed to the line in
preferences.php which defines local IP addresses. I'd commented that out
because the documentation says that it wasn't used yet.

Anyway, my authentication (unexpectedly) works. However if I use a user
not in the 'ZendTo' AD group I've created/defined, I get 4 errors:

[error]		Authorisation Failed
Sorry, you are not authorized to use this service.
[error] 	LDAP Error
Check User: Unable to connect to any of the authentication servers;
could not authenticate user.
[error] 	LDAP Error
Check User: Unable to connect to any of the LDAP servers; could not
authenticate user.
[error] 	Authentication Error
The username or password was incorrect

I have another couple of Questions, I hope you don't mind.

1) I mis-configured sendmail - I added the name of the mail server but
didn't remove the dnl from the start of the line. I assume what I'm
doing with the 'make' command is recompiling sendmail? However if I try
and do this again once I've edited the sendmail.mc, it says there's
nothing to do. I tried rpm -e sendmail but it failed, said there were
dependencies. I can send an email to a gmail account via telnet from the
zendto server so it's def a sendmail problem.

2) the instructions for "Setup Mail" say: "The only change required is
to remove and "dnl" from the start of the line that defines "SMART_HOST"
and set the value to the fully qualified name of your SMTP server or
"smarthost" - when it says remove "and dnl" is there a bit missing? Is
it literally just the 3 letters 'dnl' that need removing?

3) for an admin user who checks out the stats, it looks like there
should be graphs. Error_log says:
[Thu Apr 14 16:32:15 2011] [error] [client 192.168.1.152] PHP Warning:
readfile(/var/zendto/rrd/notfound.png) [<a
href='function.readfile'>function.readfile</a>]: failed to open stream:
No such file or directory in /opt/zendto/www/graph.php on line 68,
referer: http://zendto.bolton.ac.uk/stats.php?period=month

That line 68 says: "readfile(RRD_DATA_DIR.'notfound.png');"
So I recognise rrd as maybe somthing *else* I missed on the instructions
(!)

So I yum list rrdtool lua-rrdtool perl-rrdtool : and it looks like I
have it installed:
rrdtool.x86_64     1.4.4-1.el5.rf                              installed

But the /var/zendto/rrd directory is empty. Is this right?

Sorry again for not reading the instructions properly. I struggled with
the elinks browser-based downloads, tried to get round it by adding
repos and using yum, but i think that's how I missed things.

Cheers

Ian

------
Ian Elston