[ZendTo] Centos Yum install

Elston, Ian I.Elston at bolton.ac.uk
Wed Apr 13 09:10:13 BST 2011

Hi

(background: I'm not the most Linux-proficient user but I'm having a
go..., please forgive obvious nistakes I make...)

I've built a Centos 5.6 x64 VM, added the repository at
http://zend.to/files/zendto-repo.rpm.

I also added the rpmforge-release repository so that 'yum install
zendto' didn't fail on clamav.

2 things:

1) freshclam or mysql aren't dependencies on the yum install zendto -
I'll try and find a freshclam rpm.

2) I did 'yum install mysql' to install it. But when I try to follow the
instructions on http://zend.to/centos.php to create the database, I type
'mysql' to try n get to the prompt I get:

" [root at mumford ~]# mysql
ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket
'/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)"

I've obviously missed something but I don't really know where to start
with mysql...

If this is too noddy/'linux for beginners for the list', apologies.

Ian

------
Ian Elston
Networks & Developments