[ZendTo] Re: New user interface -- Final beta

Barry Kwok hkeasytech at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 11:02:17 BST 2011

May be I need to explain in more details. I am only referring to "Request to
a drop-off" process.

On Thu, Apr 7, 2011 at 5:32 PM, Jules <Jules at zend.to> wrote:

> On 07/04/2011 09:05, Barry Kwok wrote:
>
> Along with the feature of "Request a drop-off". I also have a few
> suggestions:
>
>  1. Allow the user to know how many/details requests have made. Is the
> request have responded?
>
> Not sure I understand your English here. If you look at a Drop-off in your
> Outbox, you can see a list of all the people who have downloaded it at the
> bottom of the page.

You have inbox and outbox for pickup and dropoff  respectively for user. But
there is no record to let user know what requests have made.  With this list
(may be I call it waiting list), the user will know how many requests they
are waiting and will not make duplicate request. This also show that the
users "something has been done but waiting".

>  2. Allow the user to delete the request
>
> If you are the sender or the only recipient, you can delete the Drop-off
> via your Outbox or Inbox.

It give a chance to user to delete a "Request a Drop-off" after the request
have sent. May be it is a duplicate or send to wrong person.

 3. Allow the user to set the expiry date of the request.

> This is a possible future feature, but not going to do it now. I would just
> offer a drop-down where you could list, say, 5 different lengths of time to
> keep the request. Currently it expires after the time set in preferences.php
> which defaults to 2 weeks.

That's enough. Thank you very much.

--barry