[ZendTo] Re: Zendto Installation login issue

Mark McIntosh mmcintosh at snakehill.net
Sat Jul 24 20:24:03 BST 2010

Jules,

Sorry that email was not finished and I did not mean to send it with out
adding more info. In any case here is the issue:

moved to 3.57-2
mysql backend
ubuntu 9.10 32 bit server
database is set up correctly and adduseer.php writes to database
cannot log in as user listed in database / listuser
listuser.php shows added users correctly
emailDomainRegexp uses the internaldomains.txt file with domains listed
one per line
browser is firefox
recaptcha keys set up correctly for public and private
(dropoff.infowall.com)

I get no errors but upon attempting logon I get nothing but redirected
to main page all attempts to login via recaptcha fail with no errors
just reloads page.

below is preferences.php and internaldomains.txt

Thanks

Mark

<?PHP
//
// ZendTo
// Copyright (C) 2006 Jeffrey Frey, frey at udel dot edu
// Copyright (C) 2010 Julian Field, Jules at ZendTo dot com
//
// Based on the original PERL dropbox written by Doke Scott.
// Developed by Julian Field.
//
// This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or
// modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License
// as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2
// of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
//
// This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
// but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
// MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the
// GNU General Public License for more details.
//
// You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License
// along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software
// Foundation, Inc., 59 Temple Place - Suite 330, Boston, MA 02111-1307,
USA.
//
//

//
// This file was generated by the config.php script
//

define('NSSDROPBOX_BASE_DIR','/opt/zendto/');
define('NSSDROPBOX_LIB_DIR','/opt/zendto/lib/');
define('NSSDROPBOX_DATA_DIR','/mnt/data/');

// This defines the version number, please do not change
define('ZTVERSION','3.57');

// This is for gathering nightly stats, see docs about RRD and root's
crontab
define('RRD_DATA_DIR',NSSDROPBOX_DATA_DIR.'rrd/');
define('RRD_DATA',RRD_DATA_DIR.'zendto.rrd');
define('RRDTOOL','/usr/bin/rrdtool');

// This sets which Database engine you are using, either 'SQLite' or 'MySQL'
define('MySQL.php', 'SQLite');

//
// Preferences are stored as a hashed array. Inline comments
// indicate what everything is for.
//
$NSSDROPBOX_PREFS = array(

// Next line needed for SQLite operation
//'SQLiteDatabase' => NSSDROPBOX_DATA_DIR."zendto.sqlite",

// Next 4 lines needed for MySQL operation
'MySQLhost' => 'localhost',
'MySQLuser' => 'zendto',
'MySQLpassword' => 'xxxxxxxxx',
'MySQLdb' => 'zendto',

// These describe the ZendTo and where a few things live
'dropboxDirectory' => NSSDROPBOX_DATA_DIR."dropoffs",
'logFilePath' => NSSDROPBOX_DATA_DIR."zendto.log",
'numberOfDaysToRetain' => 14,
'showRecipsOnPickup' => FALSE,
// You cannot increase these 2 numbers on 32-bit platforms.
'maxBytesForDropoff' => 2147483647, // 2 GBytes - 1 = 2^32-1
'maxBytesForFile' => 2147483647, // 2 GBytes - 1 = 2^32-1

// Get these 2 values from
// https://admin.recaptcha.net/recaptcha/createsite/
'recaptchaPublicKey' => '6Le1aLsSAAAAAAEo8fLzIZJTpHawqafeSnEpV_ij',
'recaptchaPrivateKey' => '6Le1aLsSAAAAAGF_jOJA2oHnHRUJOssFxu93f9ha',

//
// Settings for the Local SQL-based authenticator.
//
// See the commands in /opt/zendto/bin and the ChangeLog to use this.
'authenticator' => 'Local',
'authLocalAdmins' => array('mmcintosh','zendto','infowall'),

//
// Settings for the IMAP authenticator.
//
// 'authenticator' => 'IMAP',
//'authIMAPServer' => 'mail.soton.ac.uk',
//'authIMAPDomain' => 'soton.ac.uk',
//'authIMAPAdmins' => array('admin1','admin2','admin3'),

//
// Settings for the 2-forest AD authenticator.
// Set
// 'authLDAPServers2' => array(),
// if you only have to search 1 AD forest.
//
// 'authenticator' => 'AD',
//'authLDAPAdmins' => array('admin1','admin2','admin3'),
//'authLDAPBaseDN1' => 'OU=users,DC=ecs,DC=soton,DC=ac,DC=uk',
//'authLDAPServers1' => array('ad1.ecs.soton.ac.uk','ad2.ecs.soton.ac.uk'),
//'authLDAPAccountSuffix1' => '@ecs.soton.ac.uk',
//'authLDAPUseSSL1' => false,
//'authLDAPBindUser1' => 'SecretUsername',
//'authLDAPBindPass1' => 'SecretPassword',
//'authLDAPOrganization1' => 'ECS, University of Southampton',
//'authLDAPBaseDN2' => 'DC=soton,DC=ac,DC=uk',
//'authLDAPServers2' => array('ad1.soton.ac.uk','ad2.soton.ac.uk'),
//'authLDAPAccountSuffix2' => '@soton.ac.uk',
//'authLDAPUseSSL2' => false,
//'authLDAPBindUser2' => '',
//'authLDAPBindPass2' => '',
//'authLDAPOrganization2' => 'University of Southampton',

// the default email domain when just usernames are supplied
'defaultEmailDomain' => 'infowall.com',

// This should either be a regular expression or a filename.
// It defines the domain(s) that un-authenticated users can send
// files to. Authenticated users can send to everywhere.
//
// * Filename *
// If it is a filename, it must start with a / and not end with one.
// The file will contain a list of domain names, one per line.
// Blank lines and comment lines starting wth '#' will be ignored.
// If a line contains "domain.com" for example, then the list of
// recipient email domains for un-authenticated users will contain
// "domain.com" and "*.domain.com".
//
// * Regular Expression *
// This defines the recipient email domain(s) for un-authenticated users.
// This example matches "soton.ac.uk" and "*.soton.ac.uk".
//
'emailDomainRegexp' => '/opt/zendto/config/internaldomains.txt',
//'emailDomainRegexp' => '/^([a-zA-Z\.\-]+\.)?soton\.ac\.uk$/',

// regular expression defining a valid username for the Login page.
'usernameRegexp' => '/^([a-zA-Z0-9][a-zA-Z0-9\_\.\-\@]*)$/',

// regular expression defining a valid email address for anyone.
// Must look like /^(user)\@(domain)$/
'validEmailRegexp' =>
'/^([a-zA-Z0-9][a-zA-Z0-9\.\_\-\+]*)\@([a-zA-Z0-9][a-zA-Z0-9\_\-\.]+)$/',

'cookieName' => 'zendto-session',
// Get the value for the 'cookieSecret' from this command:
// /opt/zendto/sbin/genCookieSecret.php
'cookieSecret' => 'f71271e9c9d6d7c0e5e90ce7fe592429',
'cookieTTL' => '7200',

// The virus scanner uses ClamAV. You need to get clamav, clamav-db and
// clamd installed (all available from RPMForge). If you cannot get the
// permissions working, even after reading the documentation on
// www.zendto.com, then change the next line to '/usr/bin/clamscan --quiet'
// and you will find it easier, though it will be a lot slower to scan.
'clamdscan' => '/usr/bin/clamdscan --quiet',

'maxnotelength' => 1000, // maximum length of the note to the recipients
);

require_once(NSSDROPBOX_LIB_DIR.'MySQL.php');
?>

Internal Domains text file

infowall.com
snakehill.net