[ZendTo] Re: unable to upload

Jules Jules at ZendTo.com
Tue Jul 20 22:26:19 BST 2010

On 20/07/2010 21:24, Gavin Silver wrote:

> centos 4.5
>
> rpm install
>
> followed docs to download and install all the dependencies including
> clamav

That means it probably couldn't find clamdscan, which should be part of
the ClamAV RPMs the docs told you to download. When logged in as root,
what do you get from a "which clamdscan" command?

The error return code 2 implies an error occurred during virus scanning.
Put some files (anything will do for a test) into /var/zendto/incoming,
then "chown apache.apache /var/zendto/incoming/*" and run a command such as
     clamdscan /var/zendto/incoming/*
and see what it says.

If it says "acccess denied" lots of times then what might be wrong is
that the clamav group may need adding to the apache group in /etc/group.
Find the line in /etc/group starting with "apache" and add "clamav" to
the end of it. Then run the command "grpconv" to build the shadow file.
Then "service clamd restart" and then try clamdscan again.

If it still complains that it couldn't read files, then you either need
to disable SELinux or configure it correctly so it can read the files
under /var/zendto/incoming. I don't know much about SELinux so you're on
your own a bit there, hopefully Google will help.

When you find the solution, please let me know so that I can add it to
the docs.

Once you have got "clamdscan /var/zendto/incoming" working, you should
be there.

Thanks,
Jules.

> getting:
>
> *Upload Error*
>
> The attempt to virus-scan your drop-off failed. Please contact your
> administrator for assistance.
>
> after the file uploads
>
> Where should I start looking first?

www.ZendTo.com