[ZendTo] Re: {Disarmed} Message to recipient showing IP Address instead of DNS name

Brad Beckenhauer bbecken at aafp.org
Fri Aug 20 18:46:37 BST 2010

Ok,  I'm no PHP kung-fu expert, but I'm pretty sure that I've narrowed down where my problem is, but I'm not sure how to fix it or if there is a better method.

in /lib/NSSDropbox.php lines 40-43 appear to be what is extracting the server name for the email message.  In my case it's always an IP Address instead of the desired DNS host name.   I did abit of research and found that if I set  "UseCanonical On" in the apache conf file that $_SERVER['SERVER_NAME']; would return my server DNS name.

I have a correct entry in my /etc/hosts file.

What am I missing here to get the email to have the dns name instead of the hostname?

thanks
Brad

>>> On 8/18/2010 at 2:19 PM, in message <4C6BEBDA020000680005DA99 at smtp.aafp.org>, "Brad Beckenhauer" <bbecken at aafp.org> wrote:

When Zendto is sending the message to the recipient, the recipient receives the email and the link contains the IP Address of the actual zendto server.

I want to change the message to use the servers DNS name and not the IP Address of the server.

I looked at the templates/dropoff_email.tpl  and it shows it referencing the zendToURL variable.   Where is this variable set or am I looking at the wrong setting?

Below is a snip from an email to a recipient showing the IP Address.

IF YOU TRUST THE SENDER, and are expecting to receive a file from them, you may choose to retrieve the drop-off by clicking the following link (or copying and pasting it into your web browser):

  MailScanner has detected a possible fraud attempt from "10.1.1.2" claiming to be https://10.1.1.2/pickup.php?claimID= ( https://10.1.1.2/pickup.php?claimID= ) < omitted >
The sender has left you a note: