[ZendTo] Re: Enhancement request

Brad Beckenhauer bbecken at aafp.org
Wed Aug 18 20:28:40 BST 2010

>>> On 8/17/2010 at 7:04 PM, in message <4C6B2395.80909 at di.unito.it>, Sergio Rabellino <rabellino at di.unito.it> wrote:

Brad Beckenhauer ha scritto:
We are a non-profit organization and have annual conferences where we would like to be able to provide the member doctors a claim id/claim pass code to download conference materials.

But if you have the claim id/claim passcode, you can also delete the material (so other doctors would not be able to access the material).

Are your sure ? As far as i remember only the owner of a dropoff or an admin can delete it, or something is changed along the new releases ?

Positive.  anyone with the claim ID and passcode can delete.

Enhancement requests:
1) un-authenticated users using a claim id/claim pass code only to retrieve a dropoff should not be able to delete a dropoff.

2) Admins can override the default retention period and specify a "keep until" date or "keep forever".

For your purposes it's simpler create an authenticated web page where admint to download only some users, I believe it's not the correct usage of a tool as zendto.