[ZendTo] Re: Zendto and notification email on new dropoff created by local authenticated user or anonymous user

Jules Jules at ZendTo.com
Fri Aug 6 16:36:18 BST 2010

On 06/08/2010 16:24, Duncan, Brian M. wrote:
> zendto-3.59-2
> MySQL, CentOS VM
> Local users NOT AD
> Just getting ready to put ZendTo into production.
> When dropoffs are created by authenticated (local user) or non
> authenticated (anonymous users  - Captcha and confirming email type
> user ) at the final step when you click the box [Drop-off the File(s)]
> Is the Zendto system not supposed to send a notification email to the
> TO Email listed in the dropoff form, no notify of a dropoff?  I could
> have sworn when I tested a couple weeks ago under earlier versions it was.
Yes. The mail comes *from* the person who made the dropoff, not a fixed
arbitrary (and useless) address. So the problem will be your mail relay
accepting mails coming from people who leave dropoffs, who may not be
users at yourdomain.com. So check that your mail relay will accept mail
coming from your IP addresses as well as mail coming from users who are
@yourdomain.com.
> I cannot get it to send a notification on any dropoffs.  The system is
> sending the confirmation email to non-authenticated users to arrange
> the dropoff, so my email seems to be working properly.  Not sure what
> I could have wrong here.
> Also as a note, that confirmation email link for an anonymous dropoff
> is usable multiple times, I am not sure if that is a potential abuse
> vector.
Thanks for that one, I'll have a look. Fairly hard to stop, as they can
just reload the form and press the button again even if I disable it as
soon as they click on it.

www.ZendTo.com

Contact me!
Contact me!