[ZendTo] Zend.To down?

Ricky Boone ricky.boone at gmail.com
Fri Sep 29 04:45:53 BST 2023

It sucks that you're having to put up with that kind of nonsense.

I haven't directly managed mailman, so I'm not sure if there are any
caveats or problems that might come up with this, but if you're using
fail2ban on the server you may be able to mitigate some types of
automated attacks.  There isn't currently anything in the project
specifically for mailman, but a quick search came up with an article
on enabling CSRF protection that included a custom mailman log monitor
config for fail2ban.

Having a web application firewall may also help, and while some/many
might consider them the devil, service providers such as Cloudflare
might be able to help reduce or eliminate the impact of some of these
types of attacks.  They have a sponsorship program for open source
projects as well.