[ZendTo] Incoming Folder Piling up

Sangster, Mark m.v.sangster at abdn.ac.uk
Mon Oct 16 14:34:02 BST 2023

Linux sometimes can't free storage but instead marks it for deletion ("unlinking" is the correct term).

Normally this is because a process is holding it.

You can check with:
lsof | grep 'deleted|COMMAND'

And then restart the process holding the deleted files.

If you are truly desperate, you could truncate the files but probably not advisable:
echo > /path/to/file

i.e., it is likely not a ZendTo problem.

Cheers
Mark