[ZendTo] Another Migration/upgrade of ZendTO

Gregg Douglas douglagm at gmail.com
Thu Jul 27 09:36:19 BST 2023

Hi All,

I have been neglecting the upgrade on my ZendTO server, it has now come
time for me to bite the bullet. I have scoured the mailing lists for
recommendations. From what I understand is there are two options:

   1. Implement a new server and change the upload url and create a CNAME
   2. Implement a new server copy data and DB across then upgrade the
   scheme of the DB

I have tried both, but I can't seem to get either to work.

Using option 1, I change the following:

In the preference.php, I change the serverRoot option to the CNAME

In the apache configuration, I also change to the CNAME

Reboot server, just to make sure

However I can't upload any files and get the following error message:

Sorry, I failed to drop-off your files! Note that you cannot drop-off
directories, only files.

When I change the above back to the original settings everything works

Using the option 2:

Current server is 5.23-3

New server is 6.13-3

The DB is MySQL/MariaDB

Comment out all cron jobs on new server

I export the DB from the current server and import into the new server

Then run the following script as suggested: /usr/bin/php
/opt/zendto/sbin/cleanup.php /opt/zendto/config/preferences.php

However I get the following error:

PHP Warning:  Undefined array key "authLDAPAdmins" in
/opt/zendto/lib/NSSLDAPAuthenticator.php on line 70

Cleanup of ZendTo for preference file:

  /opt/zendto/config/preferences.php

Updating database schema

PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught mysqli_sql_exception: Duplicate column name
'Passphrase' in /opt/zendto/lib/MySQL.php:889

Stack trace:

#0 /opt/zendto/lib/MySQL.php(889): mysqli->query()

#1 /opt/zendto/lib/MySQL.php(716): Sql->DBReqAddPassphrase()

#2 /opt/zendto/sbin/cleanup.php(58): Sql->DBUpdateSchema()

#3 {main}

  thrown in /opt/zendto/lib/MySQL.php on line 889

I really like option 1 as I can then also migrate the DB to the default DB,
but at this point I would be happy to get either option working.

Any assistance or guidance will be highly appreciated.

Regards
Gregg