[ZendTo] error installing zendto-saml on ubuntu

Elston, Ian I.Elston at bolton.ac.uk
Fri Dec 8 10:14:49 GMT 2023

Ah yeah I just went off the instructions and I assume went to the repos with apt install zendto-saml

Now I did
wget  https://zend.to/files/zendto-saml_1.1-3.deb

then
apt install /home/nads/zendto-saml_1.1-3.deb

I do get something which looks a Bit Odd at the end
N: Download is performed unsandboxed as root as file '/home/nads/zendto-saml_1.1-3.deb' couldn't be accessed by user '_apt'. - pkgAcquire::Run (13: Permission denied)

But it looks like its installed...

       root at zeus:/home/nads# apt list |grep zendto

       WARNING: apt does not have a stable CLI interface. Use with caution in scripts.

       zendto-repo/now 1.3-1 all [installed,local]
       zendto-saml/now 1.1-3 all [installed,local]
       zendto/lynx,trusty,xenial,bionic,now 6.13-3 all [installed]

Thanks!

Ian Elston
Senior Networks officer
Information Systems & Technology