[ZendTo] error installing zendto-saml on ubuntu

Adam Thorn alt36 at cam.ac.uk
Thu Dec 7 09:42:22 GMT 2023

On 06/12/2023 11:46, Elston, Ian via ZendTo wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I've set up a new ubuntu box, installed zendto with the installer script, and then gone to run apt install zendto-saml as we want to point this new one at ADFS or AAD.
>
> So I follow https://zend.to/saml#packages>>
> When I run apt install zendto-saml I get some error
>
> <snip>
> Preparing to unpack .../7-zendto-saml_1.0-1_all.deb ...
> dpkg: error processing archive /tmp/apt-dpkg-install-2tFDGY/7-zendto-saml_1.0-1_all.deb (--unpack):
>   conffile name 'opt/zendto/simplesamlphp/config/acl.php' is not an absolute pathname
>   /tmp/apt-dpkg-install-2tFDGY/7-zendto-saml_1.0-1_all.deb
> needrestart is being skipped since dpkg has failed
>
> I found this on the archives
> http://jul.es/pipermail/zendto/2022-February/004588.html>>
>
> Can anyone reproduce this error? Is there a workaround for a relative linux-y novice?

I've never used the installation script but note that
zendto-saml_1.0-1_all.deb is not the latest version. The links on
https://zend.to/downloads for the zendto-saml deb are for 1.1-3.

I've had a quick look at the 1.0-1 vs 1.1-3 debs and can see that 1.0-1
definitely has the packaging error referenced in the mailing list post
you found, whereas 1.1-3 does not.

I think the installer downloads installs zendto-repo.deb, which'll
provide /etc/apt/sources.list.d/zendto.list . What are the contents of
that file, and what version of Ubuntu are you using?

Adam