[ZendTo] Using SAML in Multi Authenticator Setup

jules at zend.to jules at zend.to
Fri Jan 7 14:47:03 GMT 2022

You can't use the Muti-authenticator with SAML, except for the single
purpose of authenticating the automation (i.e. scripted operations) user.
SAML uses such a different model, that's it not really possible to offer
both.
However, SAML itself can be configured for multiple different
authentication systems. So if you have a hybrid AD/AAD tenancy in Azure,
that combination should work fine just talking SAML to AAD.

On 06/09/2021 19:41, Alex Pimperton via ZendTo wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Has anybody successfully used SAML as part of a multi-authenticator
> setup (I’m trying to use SAML and AD)?
>
> Both authenticators work fine on their own but trying to use them both
> together doesn’t seem to work.
>
> I can’t see anything in the documentation that explicitly says it
> won’t work but the multi-auth examples don’t include SAML and thinking
> about it, unless the username was asked for first or there was a
> separate (“Click here to use SAML”) button I can’t see how this would
> work.
>
> Can anybody shed any light please?
>
> Kind Regards,
>

> Alex

'Intelligence is quickness to apprehend as distinct from ability,
  which is capacity to act wisely on the thing apprehended.'
  - Alfred North Whitehead