[ZendTo] zendto-saml_1.0-1_all.deb doesn't install on Debian Bullseye

Kate Dawson dawsonka at chesterfield.ac.uk
Tue Feb 1 10:06:23 GMT 2022

Hi .. I think there may be a bug in the

zendto-saml_1.0-1_all.deb

package.

When I go to install it on Debian 11 Bullseye, I get the following error

Selecting previously unselected package zendto-saml.
Preparing to unpack .../6-zendto-saml_1.0-1_all.deb ...
dpkg: error processing archive /tmp/apt-dpkg-install-M7YSwI/6-zendto-saml_1.0-1_all.deb (--unpack):
 conffile name 'opt/zendto/simplesamlphp/config/acl.php' is not an absolute pathname
 /tmp/apt-dpkg-install-M7YSwI/6-zendto-saml_1.0-1_all.deb

I think this may be related to this change to dpkg

https://www.mail-archive.com/debian-dpkg-cvs@lists.debian.org/msg07446.html

I can work around it by altering the conffile paths and rebuilding the deb.

Regards,

Kate Dawson

believed to be clean.