[ZendTo] zendto-saml_1.0-1_all.deb doesn't install on Debian Bullseye

Jules Field Jules at Zend.To
Mon Apr 4 12:04:25 BST 2022

Kate,

I have just released a new version of the zendto-saml package 1.1 which
should resolve this for you.
It also includes an update to the very latest stable version of
SimpleSAMLphp.

Please can you try it out and let me know what you think?

I've also released a new beta of ZendTo, version 6.12-1 which you can
get from the beta page at zend.to/beta.
And there's a new ZendTo Installer update which handles Ubuntu 21, Rocky
8.5 and uses PHP 8 in preference to PHP 7 where it can.

On 01/02/2022 10:06 am, Kate Dawson via ZendTo wrote:
> Hi .. I think there may be a bug in the
>
> zendto-saml_1.0-1_all.deb
>
> package.
>
> When I go to install it on Debian 11 Bullseye, I get the following error
>
> Selecting previously unselected package zendto-saml.
> Preparing to unpack .../6-zendto-saml_1.0-1_all.deb ...
> dpkg: error processing archive /tmp/apt-dpkg-install-M7YSwI/6-zendto-saml_1.0-1_all.deb (--unpack):
>   conffile name 'opt/zendto/simplesamlphp/config/acl.php' is not an absolute pathname
>   /tmp/apt-dpkg-install-M7YSwI/6-zendto-saml_1.0-1_all.deb
>

> I think this may be related to this change to dpkg
>
> https://www.mail-archive.com/debian-dpkg-cvs@lists.debian.org/msg07446.html
>
> I can work around it by altering the conffile paths and rebuilding the deb.
>
> Regards,
>
> Kate Dawson

'Cake is eternal.' - Commander Burnham, Star Trek Discovery