[ZendTo] ANNOUNCE: New Production Release 6.09

Jules Jules at Zend.To
Sun Mar 14 15:27:15 GMT 2021

Hi folks !

I have just released a new "Production" release, version 6.09.

The main new feature this time is "single-use links"; when you create a
new drop-off there is a tick-box "Only allow 1 download" (see note
below). If the recipient has problems downloading the drop-off and needs
another try, just click the "Resend Request" button via your Outbox page.

Requests are now also listed in your Inbox, and you can delete and
resend them from there too. They are highlighted to make them distinct
from drop-offs. If you are wondering why they are in your Inbox and not
your Outbox page, think of them as "drop-offs that haven't materialised
yet".

You can now also exactly specify the expiry time of a drop-off, to save
you having to calculate fractional parts of days by hand.

As usual, you can download it from
   https://zend.to/downloads
or just apt/yum upgrade.
Remember to run "sudo /opt/zendto/bin/upgrade" after your package
manager has updated ZendTo. Otherwise you'll be missing preferences.php
settings that you will need.

Anything odd/wrong/unpleasant about the new version, please do let me
know straightaway.

The main new features are:
- One-time download links. In the "New Drop-off" form, your users can
now tick a box 'Only allow 1 download'. This changes the new drop-off so
that the recipient can only download each file once. It only works when
there is 1 recipient. If the recipient needs another chance to download
a file, the sender can easily trigger this using the "Resend Dropoff"
button via their ZendTo Outbox page. This new checkbox is controlled by
2 new preferences.php settings *'showOneTimeLinksCheckbox'* and
*'defaultOneTimeLinks'*.
- Expiry time of a new drop-off can be set precisely, using a date+time
picker.
- Your Inbox now also lists all unexpired "requests for drop-offs",
highlighted in pale yellow. From each one, you can delete it or re-send it.
- AD authentication: your Inbox now lists all drop-offs addressed to any
of you email addresses, not just your primary one. Note this is
available only with on-premises AD, Azure AD doesn't support any
multi-valued attributes. Really. It doesn't support them at all. No
"proxyAddresses", no multi-valued attrs of any sort.

The full Change Log is here:
   https://zend.to/changelog

* Note on single-use links: Yes, I know it is theoretically impossible
to be 100% sure that a download by a recipient user has succeeded. But
in practice it usually is possible. ZendTo doesn't mark the file as
"sent" until the very end of the file has been transmitted to the
recipient, and ZendTo has done its usual logging and sent the "Your
drop-off has been picked up" email to the sender. And if the user fails
to complete the download, but ZendTo thinks they have, then the sender
simply has to click the "Resend Dropoff" button via their Outbox page.
That instruction is clearly shown to the sender when they use this feature.

'Remember me when I am gone away,
  Gone far away into the silent land;
  When you can no more hold me by the hand,
  Nor I half turn to go yet turning stay.
  Remember me when no more day by day
  You tell me of our future that you planned:
  Only remember me; you understand
  It will be late to counsel then or pray.
  Yet if you should forget me for a while
  And afterwards remember, do not grieve:
  For if the darkness and corruption leave
  A vestige of the thoughts that once I had,
  Better by far you should forget and smile
  Than that you should remember and be sad.'
     - Christina Rossetti