[ZendTo] SAML Connection error on ZendTo

HILLENBRAND Marita m.hillenbrand at montgeron.fr
Wed Dec 29 10:24:00 GMT 2021

Hello all,

Just to tell you, that I found a solution of my SAML connection problem.
On SAML mini site, I saw that metadata was expired and the certificate in the metadata I got on the Zendto Server with the refresh was not the same I found in the metadata on Azure AD.

So as I was not sure about which certificate is which :
1/ I generated a new one on Zendto with the command provided in the documentation :
You can use a self-signed certificate for this. Run this as root, and it will generate the certificate and private key files for you:
openssl req -newkey rsa:3072 -new -x509 -days 3652 -nodes -out /opt/zendto/simplesamlphp/cert/saml.crt -keyout /opt/zendto/simplesamlphp/cert/saml.pem

2/ And I ran the command to fetch the IdP metadata for the first time provided in the Zendto documentation :
Replacing 'IDP-METADATA-URL' with the App Federation Metadata Url you just copied from Azure, run this command:
/opt/zendto/simplesamlphp/modules/metarefresh/bin/metarefresh.php -s 'IDP-METADATA-URL'

3/ Then I did fetch of the metadata with this script :

/opt/zendto/sbin/refresh_saml_metadata.sh

Connection to Zendto works fine now once again.
I think, the first step is not necessary, but as I executed it, I thought, I'd better mention it.

Best regards,
Marita HILLENBRAND
Service Informatique
Centre Administratif et Technique
130, avenue Charles de Gaulle - 91230 Montgeron
Tél : 01 70 58 93 40  Port : 06 24 04 43 58
www.montgeron.fr<https://www.montgeron.fr/>

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D7FCA6.92F465A0]
Participez, vous aussi, à la protection de l'environnement en n'imprimant ce courriel que si nécessaire.
Le présent courriel peut contenir des renseignements confidentiels et ne s'adresse qu'au(x) destinataire(s) indiqué(s) ci-dessus. Si ce courriel vous est parvenu par erreur, veuillez le supprimer et nous en aviser aussitôt. Merci.

Sorry to get back to you, but does anyone else use SAML connection with Microsoft Azure AD and recently had a problem?

I'm still stuck with the error message below and I believe it's not due to an update, because the problem's still present after rollback. I'm not a developper and more like a newbe. I verified my SAML configuration files and the script to refresh metadata works fine. I can't find a solution on the web.

If anybody has a clue what's wrong, I'd be grateful.

Best regards,
Marita HILLENBRAND
Service Informatique
Centre Administratif et Technique
130, avenue Charles de Gaulle - 91230 Montgeron
Tél : 01 70 58 93 40  Port : 06 24 04 43 58
www.montgeron.fr<https://www.montgeron.fr/>

[cid:image005.jpg at 01D7FCA5.1E7B9D20]