[ZendTo] Patch for recaptcha and tne new_dropoff.js problem (for the beta)

Santiago Garcia Mantinan manty at manty.net
Fri Sep 4 08:59:45 BST 2020

Hi again!

> That change is already done. I think you might be running with an out of date header.tpl.
>
> I detest the deb method of handling modified config files in package upgrades. They ask the user, who most likely won't have a clue what the correct answer to the question is. Just put them both in like rpm does, and at least give the packager the power to set the default choice!

Well, that doesn't seem to be the case...

$ dpkg -x zendto_6.05-4.deb z
$ grep action: z/opt/zendto/templates/header.tpl
      action: '{$zendToURL}{call name=hidePHPExt t='changelocale.php'}',

> But your next topic definitely needs a thread of its own on the mailing list. I openly admit the existing zendto.conf constants could be better. But at the time I didn't know any useful definition of "better", and so did what I did.
> If between you all, you can come up with a better solution that works for more people and doesn't make it impossible for me (and we need a way to automatically migrate existing sites in the "upgrade" command), then I'm all in favour of it.
> You guys know far more about this stuff than I do (being a simple English speaker who has never had to worry about genders of words, among other things).

I'll try to open a thread and see if people can come to some ideas for
this, but I find it very difficult.

Regards...
--
Manty/BestiaTester -> http://manty.net