[ZendTo] Retaining historical usage

Orion Poplawski orion at nwra.com
Fri Oct 16 16:16:43 BST 2020

I got the following request from one of our users.  It seems like it
might reasonable to do.  Thoughts?

-----

It'd be useful if the ZendTo Inbox & Outbox tabs could retain their
listings after the items therein are no longer active.

The Inbox & Outbox tabs list the active items recently dropped-off or
available for pick-up.  Once they expire (after 2 weeks, by default),
the items disappear from the lists.

I appreciate that the payloads can get quite large, so it may be
impractical to retain those for long times.  But some simple records
shouldn't require much storage, such as that

     items were dropped off by NWRA user and when and for whom, or that
     items were dropped off for NWRA user and when and by whom,

and the total size of the payload and whether it was actually picked up.

Any option to retain that much information for longer time -- well after
the payloads have expired?  I occasionally need to refer customers to
drop-offs or pick-ups months later, sometimes several years later.

Ideally, the simple record would also store more details of the payload,
including names and sizes of individual files, their descriptions, and
the comments associated with the drop-off.

--
Orion Poplawski
Manager of NWRA Technical Systems          720-772-5637
3380 Mitchell Lane                       orion at nwra.com
Boulder, CO 80301                 https://www.nwra.com/