[ZendTo] Drop-off files to external users validation

Ionescu Gigel downloadmalware at gmail.com
Thu May 28 10:09:57 BST 2020

Hello everyone,
We did a lot of changes to our ZendTo instance - currently we only receive
files from external to internal networ and only from people who receive a
request.
I would like your thoughts and advice on the following matter.
We want to allow people send files outside of the organisation but we need
a four eyes validation - sort of.
I tried digging in the code to see mostly where could I implement a flow
like this:
- internal user drop-off files for an external user
- everything is processed until external notification is sent (?)
- we notify someone to approve the transfer
- make a copy of the files somewhere for visual check if needed
- if we have approval, send drop-off and also notify internal user about it
with a simple email
- if we don't have approval we cancel the drop-off and notify internal user
about it with a simple email

Because the process can take time, I want to make a new table or db for
this where to keep track of what drop-off should be sent and what drop-off
should be erased. The last step of sending the drop-off I think cand be
easly accomplished with the bin/autodropoff.

Where do you think is the best place to stop the normal flow (dropoff.php?
lines?) - return a nice string to let ppl know they need approval - and
pass all the arguments to a new script that would handle the validation?
The thing is dropoff.php is also called by uploads made by external people
that receive requests for drop-off.

Your help is very much appreciated!
Regards,