[ZendTo] LDAP authentication

Ken Etter KLE at msktd.com
Wed May 20 17:23:25 BST 2020

Jules,
Is there anything special required to get LDAP working with SSL?  I tried setting 'authLDAPUseSSL' to true, rebooted and logins fail.  I then tried adding the port number (after a colon) to the address in 'authLDAPServers' and rebooted and logins still fail.  If I use an ldap browser to connect, it works although it does complain about the certificate.  Do I need to import the certificate for ZendTo to be able to connect?  If so, do you have any directions for this?

Thanks!
Ken
>>> Jules <Jules at Zend.To> 5/20/2020 8:59 AM >>>
I always forget about it too!

And I wrote it :-(
On 20/05/2020 13:48, Ken Etter wrote:

Thanks Jules! I completely forgot about that feature. That explains it.

Ken
>>> Jules <Jules at Zend.To>
( mailto:Jules at Zend.To)  5/20/2020 4:54 AM >>>
Ken,

ZendTo actively locks out (for 24 hours) users who have failed too many login attempts in a day.
This protects against hackers using your ZendTo to attempt to find passwords by brute force.
There are 2 ways of seeing who is currently locked out, and to manually unlock them immediately:
1. The web interface for an Admin user (it's one of the red buttons).
2. But if you can't get to that, then run /opt/zendto/bin/unlockuser and it will show its command-line usage. You should just be able to run
sudo /opt/zendto/bin/unlockuser -a

to unlock every temporarily-locked account.
Hope that helps,
Jules.