[ZendTo] Another new beta, plus summary of major new features

Massimo Forni Massimo.Forni at turboden.it
Mon May 18 12:34:12 BST 2020

Hi Jules,

Since you are going to release a major release (yeah!) I would like to suggest a new feature: implement a “local” preferences file where a user can configure its customizations and whatever not specified is handled by the preferences.php file with the default values.
You may ask why, upgrades! Every time we upgrade, especially via package manager, we must manually handle the customizations versus the new “default” entries for new features.
Having a local preferences means we can safely upgrade by replacing the preferences.php file with the new one and just check what is new.

I think via code this should be trivial as to first load preferences.php and the preferences.local.php as to override whatever/only the settings we wanted to.

Thank you!

Best regards