[ZendTo] A couple issues (possibly feature requests) regarding dropoffs

Jules Jules at Zend.To
Sun Mar 15 14:41:47 GMT 2020

On 15/03/2020 14:23, zend.to at neilzone.co.uk wrote:

>> On 15 Mar 2020, at 14:20, Jules via ZendTo <zendto at zend.to
>> <mailto:zendto at zend.to>> wrote:
>>
>>> If several files are 'Dropped Off' and the recipient only
>>> downloads/'Picks Up' only one of them (for example, 1 out of 3
>>> files), we only receive a notification for that first file they've
>>> 'Picked Up'. If they 'Pick Up' the remaining two files, we don't
>>> receive any notification that they have done so. Is there a way to
>>> enable notifications for each file that a recipient has 'Picked Up'?
>> Not currently, no. I decided long ago that no one wanted to be
>> blizzarded with emails every time each recipient picked up, say, 10
>> files from a large drop-off. It explicitly only emails for the first
>> file they pick up.
>
> Would zipping / tarring the files, so you transfer just one archive,
> solve the problem?

That would work whether you zip/tar the files before uploading, or
direct your recipients to only click the "Download the zip of
everything" button and not the individual files.

The current UK shipping forecast:
Irish Sea: Northwesterly, backing southwesterly later, 4 to 6, occasionally 7
in north. Slight or moderate, occasionally smooth. Showers. Good.