[ZendTo] autodropoff

Kevin Miller kevin.miller at juneau.org
Wed Mar 11 23:25:36 GMT 2020

One of the departments that use Zendto here want to automate drop-offs.  They're windows centric and don't have any accounts on my Zendto server.  They access it via the authLDAPmumble settings with the authenticator set to "AD".  A brief description of what they want to accomplish follows:

"Something that would allow us to copy and send from there programmatically...  We have an application we use that has templates that can be used with API's or web services.   We are having to store all the information in a "repository" and it would be easier if we could just click a Send via ZendTo process instead of them pulling the info from the repository and copying it to ZendTo via the web portal.  "

I see in conf.php the following automation settings:

  // You can list multiple usernames here. So different teams using the
  // scriptable requests could be done with different "system accounts" to
  // aid later diagnosis of problems as ZendTo will log the requests
  // against this username.
  'automationUsers' => array('apiuser'),
  'authIMAPServer' => 'mail.soton.ac.uk',
  'authIMAPDomain' => 'soton.ac.uk',
  'authIMAPOrganization' => 'University of Southampton',
  'authIMAPAdmins' => array(),

Obviously I'll have to change them to match my network.  Internally we have an Exchange server, which can do IMAP.  We have several MailScanner gateways for inbound mail from the internet, and another MailScanner box which our internal printers/scanners send to and which acts as our outbound email server.  It will relay internal traffic to Exchange and accept/relay mail for the internet from Exchange.

So do I need to create user in AD called (per the example above) "apiuser" which is then authenticated via arguments passed on the CLI to the autodropoff script?  If not in AD, then where?  On the Zendto box as a local account?

How would my users run autodropoff?  They don't have local accounts on the Zendto box - what mechanism would they use to call the script and pass parameters?

Thanks.  I'm sure there are questions I haven't thought to ask yet so please chime in with any pearls of wisdom if you've already been down this road...

...Kevin
--
Kevin Miller
Network/email Administrator, CBJ MIS Dept.