[ZendTo] Current state of the art for reverse proxy?

Jules Jules at Zend.To
Wed Jun 17 19:23:19 BST 2020

John,

There's a preferences.php setting to tell it you're behind a load
balancer, which you'll need to set to TRUE or else it will log
everything as having come from the load balancer and not the real client
IP (thanks to my friends at .mil for suggesting a config option for that).

But at University of Southampton (my day job) we run behind F5's with no
problem.

On 17/06/2020 19:13, John Thurston via ZendTo wrote:
> I run my ZendTo instance behind an Apache proxy. It works fine.
>
> We once tried to put it behind a Netscaler proxy. It was bad*.
>
> I want to move my ZendTo behind an F5 instance.
>
> Before I head bravely off into the wild, does anyone want to share any
> tips for ZendTo behind F5? Any gotchas? Any "don't forget to" tales to
> share?
>

> * I don't recall exactly why it was bad, just that we gave up on the
> effort and returned to the Apache. This was years ago.
>

> --
> Do things because you should, not just because you can.
>
> John Thurston    907-465-8591
> John.Thurston at alaska.gov
> Department of Administration
> State of Alaska

'To see a World in a Grain of Sand
  And a Heaven in a Wild Flower
  Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
  And Eternity in an hour' - William Blake