[ZendTo] Chunk error after upgrading to v6

Jules Jules at Zend.To
Thu Jun 4 09:18:26 BST 2020

Neil,

Thanks for that. 50,000 bytes seems a *very* small chunk size to me.
There is an overhead on the "cost" of each chunk compared to doing the
entire file at once, and I can't imagine there are appliances/services
out there that have a request size limit as small as that. My 50,000,000
bytes is based on its ability to get through the Great Firewall of
China, but I might tweak that a bit yet.

Any thoughts?

On 04/06/2020 08:40, zend.to at neilzone.co.uk wrote:
> In case it helps others, I did:
>
> cd /etc/php/7.2/fpm
> cp php.ini php.ini.bak
> diff -u php.ini ../apache2/php.ini.zendto > zendto.patch
> patch -u php.ini -i zendto.patch
> service php7.2-fpm restart
>

> The expected variables are now shown through phpinfo().
>

> I then adjusted the chunk size in /opt/zendto/config/preferences.php
> back to 50000, and it seems to be working.
>

> Thanks for your help, Jules.
>
> Best wishes
>
> Neil
>
>> On 3 Jun 2020, at 16:31, Jules <Jules at Zend.To <mailto:Jules at Zend.To>>
>> wrote:
>>
>> Well done, that will be it.
>> I need to make the Installer spot fpm correctly, which it isn't at
>> the moment.
>> If you apply the same to the fpm version that were applied to the
>> apache2 version ("diff php.ini.zendto php.ini" to find them), that
>> should fix it.
>>
>> But as you're using fpm, then
>>     systemctl restart apache2
>> won't help, you will need to
>>     systemctl restart fpm
>> to restart the PHP engine in Apache.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Jules.

>>> “no value”
>>>
>>> *However*, I wonder if the error is that the loaded config file is not:
>>>
>>> /etc/php/7.2/apache2/php.ini
>>>
>>> but:
>>>
>>> /etc/php/7.2/fpm/php.ini
>>>
>>> which does not have the ;upload_tmp_dir setting (it’s commented out).
>>>
>>> Best wishes
>>>
>>> Neil
>>>

>> Jules
>>
>> --
>> Julian Field MEng CEng CITP MBCS MIEEE MACM
>>
>> How to stop time: kiss.
>> How to travel in time: read.
>> How to escape time: music.
>> How to feel time: write.
>> How to release time: breathe.
>>
>> www.Zend.To
>> Twitter: @JulesFM
>

> Neil

'All the art of living lies in a fine mingling of letting go,
  and holding on.' - Henry Ellis