[ZendTo] Free SSL Certificate Authority Recommendations for ZendTo

Ken Etter KLE at msktd.com
Fri Jul 24 18:01:17 BST 2020

I know you're asking about free ones, so this isn't directly answering
your question.  But just thought I would throw it out there as an idea.
I use a Digicert Wildcard cert.  That enables me to cover all the
servers in my domain.  So I have never had to consider free ones because
I can just pull another for any servers I want to stand up.  The
viability of this solution probably depends upon the number of servers
you need to provide with certs.

Ken
>>> Marlon Deerr via ZendTo <zendto at zend.to> 7/24/2020 12:54 PM >>>
Hello All,

I want to get a new ZendTo install up and running to demo to
management.  I want it fully functioning, even with an SSL Certificate.
While I demo it and have it running for staff to test, I would prefer to
not run into any SSL related issues.I’m not looking to have any
self-signed stuff either. I would prefer to setup an official, yet free
SSL Cert and once management is convinced that this is a service we
should keep running long term, then I can go out an invest in a
commercial grade SSL Cert we actually pay for.

With that said, has anyone setup ZendTo with an SSL Certificate offered
by a CA. If so, which one(s) would you recommend?

Thanks,
Marlon